Each bag contains:
- Hand painted Fairtrade royal themed bookmark
- Packet of British wildflower seeds for bees
- Eco hero card – printed on recycled paper using vegan-friendly ink with top eco tips and fun game to play
- Postcard to design – quality thick recycled paper
- Our charity-supporting Indian newspaper envelope (see details below)
- Fully compostable blank sticker for you to add children’s names, a message or use to simply seal the envelopes
Recommeded for ages over 3.
Seeds – the packet is made from recycled paper and is its self fully recyclable. I get our seeds from a UK supplier and so all of the wildflower seeds are of native UK origin. They do not buy them in from Europe where the mixes are not entirely of British species. We only supply seeds that are of British wildflowers, and therefore suitable for our climate and insects.
Bookmark – Fairtrade and handmade these royal themed book marks are made from left over bits of wood and cotton and beautifully crafted into bookmarks.
Eco Hero Card – Bright and fun card that comes with a word search game and easy ways kids can help be eco-heros
Postcard – blank recycled paper postcard to design and send.
Party Bag – Our newspaper bags and envelopes are made by an NGO whose main objective is to provide education and shelter to street children. This eco-friendly product is made from recycled Indian newspaper. The organisation was started in 2004 by street children who wanted to give something back in return for the opportunities which had allowed them to escape desperate circumstances. These elder children, now with children of their own, generate an income by making newspaper bags and jute items. This allows them to take care of the children that they have taken in from the streets surrounding New Delhi train station. Support for this wonderful project means that these children can enjoy going to school and playing, rather than pulling rickshaws, shoe polishing, rag picking and worse.
The newspapers are either in Indian language or English. They are made from recycled newspapers, this is why sometimes your bag will have a completed crossword!