Each bag contains:
- Elephant decoration – hand painted and Fairtrade
- Postcard to design and send to someone special
- Eco hero card – printed on recycled paper using vegan-friendly ink with top eco tips and fun game to play
- Our charity-supporting Indian newspaper bag (see details below)
- Fully compostable blank sticker for you to add children’s names, a message or use to simply seal the bags
Suitable for ages 3 and up.
Decoration – Each elephant is hand painted on a sturdy and thick papier-mache and decorated with a detailed floral pattern. Fairtrade and made in India.
Postcard – thoughtfully added to encourage children to design and send to someone special to brighten up their day. Printed on recycled paper with vegan friendly ink.
Eco Hero Card – Bright and fun card that comes with a word search game and easy ways kids can help be eco-heros
Party Bag – Our newspaper bags are made by an NGO whose main objective is to provide education and shelter to street children. This eco-friendly product is made from recycled Indian newspaper. The organisation was started in 2004 by street children who wanted to give something back in return for the opportunities which had allowed them to escape desperate circumstances. These elder children, now with children of their own, generate an income by making newspaper bags and jute items. This allows them to take care of the children that they have taken in from the streets surrounding New Delhi train station. Support for this wonderful project means that these children can enjoy going to school and playing, rather than pulling rickshaws, shoe polishing, rag picking and worse.
The newspapers are either in Indian language or English. They are made from recycled newspapers, this is why sometimes your bag will have a completed crossword!